United Way Connects
Where our community collaborates
Officially launched in the fall of 2005, United Way Connects, Regina’s centre for collaboration, provides meeting space training opportunities for community-based organizations, community workshops, facilitators, information and resources, and a range of other services as required and identified by the community.
The vision for United Way Connects is to:
- support collaboration as the first principle in addressing issues;
- support programs and initiatives that focus on our community’s strengths and assets; and
- support the community to work together to strengthen our capacity to address challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
The principles upon which United Way Connects is founded are to:
- engage community with a commitment to nurturing citizen participation;
- build upon existing strengths / resources / services rather than duplicate or replace them;
- use asset-based strength-oriented practices;
- respect the fact that “community building is community based, community paced and community directed”;
- value equally the way work gets done and the results of our work; and
- develop services that are representative of, accessible to, and effective within all cultural communities.
Many visitors comment on the signage that is displayed throughout United Way Connects. These signs are displayed to encourage the development of successful collaborations and group meetings.
United Way Connects is situated just north of the downtown area at 1440 Scarth Street, Regina. The building is handicap accessible and has ample parking for visitors. There are three rooms available for booking, all with access to a fully equipped kitchen. A flipchart, whiteboard and markers are in each meeting room.
The largest space available for booking, the Community Room holds up to 60 comfortably with tables and chairs, up to 80 theatre style. It has full audio-visual equipment. An adjoining “Quiet Room” is not available for booking, but may be used on a first come, first serve basis. It is furnished with a small sofa and chair and is intended to provide privacy in a breakout session, to hold a sidebar conversation or for the speaker to collect their thoughts.
This room houses a beautiful oval table, generously donated by Greystone Managed Investments, seating up to 20 people. It has an LCD Projector and computer for presentations, and an available telephone if necessary. The Conference/Boardroom may be booked for meetings during United Way Regina office hours.
Meeting space at United Way Connects is available at no charge to community-based organizations and collaborative initiatives. Financial contributions offered are appreciated and go toward supporting the ongoing availability of meeting room supplies, as well as maintenance of the space.
Corporations and others are welcome to utilize the United Way Connects meeting space based on availability, with fees applied.
A United Way CONNECTS Booking Request Form must be filled out and faxed or emailed to the United Way Regina office. A confirmation notice outlining arrangements and additional details will be sent upon processing.