A Powerful Professional Development Opportunity
United Way Regina’s Community Campaign Internship Program is a powerful professional development opportunity that combines skill development and leadership training with community involvement.
One or more of your employees is provided to United Way for a 16-week period during our Annual Campaign in the fall. These individuals are our ambassadors in the community, assisting United Way in reaching our campaign goal. Employees who participate in United Way’s Community Campaign Internship Program come away with valuable skills and experience that develop them into leaders in the workplace and their community.
What's in it for employers?
- increased staff morale when you demonstrate a commitment to your community
- recognition in workplaces in Regina, at United Way events, in print publications, on the website and in local media
- a recharged employee - one who has learned new skills, absorbed fresh insights and ideas, made important contacts, is more confident and understands the community better
What's in it for employees?
An opportunity to:
- receive professional training and experience in fundraising, project and time management, public speaking, sales, communications and marketing, negotiation, strategic analysis an planning
- improve leadership, management and team-building skills
- learn how a successful campaign works
- bui;d upon existing strengths
- make new contacts and create networking opportunities
- learn about the challenges facing our community and be a part of United Way's work that is making a difference in providing long-term solutions
How can you get involved?
- providing one or more of your employees to participate in the INternship Program
- Sponsoring someone to be a Campaign Intern
"The Community Campaign Internship Program provides our employees with a unique opportunity to acquire valuable professional development and networking skills in a real time environment.
SaskEnergy employees who have participated in the Community Campaign Internship Program come back from the experience energized and prepared to take on new challenges.
On behalf of SaskEnergy, I encourage all employers to consider providing a campaign intern to the United Way as both your organization and your employees will benefit from the experience.”
Vice President, Human Resources
If you are interested in participating in the Campaign Internship Program email us email@example.com
Thank you to our 2016 Internship Program Sponsors!