The power of your time and expertise
The benefits of volunteering are many and include: giving something back to the community, making a difference in someone's life, sharing your skills, talents and time, helping others, making new friends, gaining experience and so much more.
Individuals looking for volunteer opportunities and organizations looking for volunteers can visit www.getvolunteering.ca, a free online searchable database of volunteer opportunities developed and supported by Volunteer Canada, the national voice for volunteerism in Canada.
United Way Regina also provides a listing of local organizations that have volunteer opportunities posted on their own websites or through their social media .
Get involved with United Way Regina and our Funded Partners
- Find Community Connections through volunteer opportunities and events around our priority areas.
- Volunteer with our Circle of Care Funded Partners.
- Participate in a Day of Caring® project with your workplace volunteer team.
- Join GenNext, a network of professionals in their 20s and 30s who are engaged in our community through volunteering, giving and action.
- Get inspired, get tools, and get matched at getvolunteering.ca.
- View a summary of results from the 2010 Canada Survey of Giving, Volunteering and Participating as presented by Imagine Canada, or access the full survey at Statistics Canada.
- Learn more about volunteering, including benefits of volunteering, ways to volunteer, steps to finding the right volunteer opportunity for you, questions to ask and expect to be asked, and the rights and responsibilities of volunteers and agencies working with volunteers.
- Visit CharityFocus to find out more information about the 85,000 registered charities in Canada.
- Administrators of Volunteer Resources Saskatchewan supports those working with volunteers with up to date information through research, issues, news and views.
- Newly released - the 2012 edition of The Canadian Code for Volunteer